The COVID-19 pandemic has thrown just about everyone for a loop. With schools, parks, museums, and just about every other kid-based activity being shut down, many parents are left wondering what to do. There are lots of activities you can do at home to keep everyone entertained, but it’s also important that you look for ways to keep your family active. The ideas below can help you fit in more physical activity as a family during the pandemic.
The Importance of Staying Active
As a parent, you probably already know how important exercise is for your kids. But during the COVID-19 pandemic, physical activity is essential.
- Exercise can alleviate anxiety for you and your kids.
- Family exercise time is also a great bonding activity that can make you feel closer.
- Forming exercise habits during childhood can help your kids be healthier adults.
Indoor Fun for All
You know exercise is beneficial, but if you’ve been isolating your family since the beginning of the pandemic, you’re probably all running out of ways to stay entertained indoors. These ideas can shake things up.
- Stream some exercise classes that the whole family will enjoy.
- Let your kids join in your daily yoga practice.
- Create an obstacle course or scavenger hunt to keep your kids moving.
- Invest in home gym equipment for a full-body workout for yourself while the kids play.
- Live stream workout classes from the fitness experts at Trifit Wellness.
In many areas of the country, pandemic restrictions are loosening up. These activities will allow you to get outside for some fresh air and exercise.
- Parks are fine to enjoy if you practice social distancing and avoid high-touch surfaces.
- Taking a walk around the neighborhood is perfectly acceptable if you keep your distance.
- Backyard activities like camping or making sidewalk art are good alternatives if you want to avoid public areas.
Whether you stick to indoor activities or want to venture out, it’s generally a good idea to stay close to home until the pandemic restrictions are completely lifted. No matter what, it’s important that you make exercise a main part of your family’s daily routine. This habit will help you stay positive while also staying as healthy as possible during the pandemic.
Try some bodyweight workouts you can do at home!
- HIIT/Core workout – This workout will get your heart rate up and help you strengthen all the different muscle groups in your abs
- Full Body workout – This workout will target your entire body and get those major muscle groups pumping!